Our repair department is open Monday to Friday (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.) excluding public holidays. Any repairs which are the landlords responsibility should be reported to our repairs department during office hours.
If there is a genuine emergency outside of our office hours which can absolutely not wait until the next working day, then you should contact a suitably qualified local contractor to resolve the issue or make the property safe. You should contact your property manager on the next working day, whereby they will request a copy of the invoice and arrange to reimburse the cost.
- If an emergency call out is arranged and the contractor or your property manager determines that this is not an emergency, then you will be liable for the cost.
- When instructing an emergency call out be aware that certain companies are extremely expensive so get an indication of the cost first as we will only cover any costs reasonably incurred.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY:
- Severe leaks.
- Loss of electrical power or light.
- Blockage or unable to use your only toilet (if the blockage has been caused by you, then you will be responsible for the cost).
- Loss of heating or hot water and there is no other form available.
- Broken window/s or door following a break-in.
Information For Homeowners Who Purchase Buildings Insurance Through Mountview Estates P.L.C.
If you suffer an insurable loss then we advise you to take the following actions:
- Advise the appropriate authorities in the event of a loss or damage (e.g. police following a theft or criminal damage)
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise the insurable loss
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent a loss spreading
- Not carry out any repair work without the express consent of the insurer unless you are doing so to prevent further loss